Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Remember The New Crankset?

Really, the Shimano crankset that I got for $15 on eBay worked pretty well until I fell on ice and bent the drive side crank arm. This is getting ridiculous.

In case you think helmets don't help (see my post previously), I was glad to have one as my head slammed into the very hard ice. And who says you can't ride with a bent crank?

Sigh.

But the commute must go on. It's only February, but at least we had some nice warm weather that melted the bulk of the January buildup. Now I have to watch for black ice on sidewalks from refrozen snow melt.

I decided that not having functioning front brakes was a bad idea, so I took a V-brake off a bike carcass and put it on the slush mobile. Works better, I think. We'll see when I ride to work tomorrow.

We're supposed to get three inches of snow tomorrow, so winter is still here.

And rain.

But really, I don't even mind riding in 35˚ rain. With the right protective gear (or even marginally tolerable protective gear, which is what I seem to have) it's ok. Beats driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment