Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Guest Blog by Jon

Well, this is the aforementioned Jon again. I see Bruce has been talking about me. That's OK. I crave fame.

Took my bike out yesterday and rode for the first time in two months. It had been warm the day before, so I expected warmth again. But this is Wisconsin, and it was probably about 20 degrees, with a sharp little wind. I made it to work, felt good, then came out at midnight to ride home -- and it was sleeting. This is Wisconsin, as I say. Damn the luck. I had my wind pants and raincoat, so I got home without much injury, except to my humor.

I had put little generator light on the bike, but the @#$#@! thing only flickered weakly. The sidewalls of my tire are smooth and I think the little generator top didn't turn very well. So today I'll tinker with it. You know, for me, riding in bad weather is one thing, but when the friggin' equipment doesn't work, that really pisses me off.

See you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment