Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Whoa, Trigger!

I put the Shimano Acera trigger shifter/brake lever on the RH side (back derailer, obviously) of the 620. I had been using a cheapy Falcon friction shifter, which was proving hard to shift with mittens on. And I was tired of it.

So, although the Rivendell aesthetic is all about friction shifting, I said to hell with it! and put on indexed trigger shifters.

I like them. A lot. Click! Change gears. Click! Do it again. Up. Down. All around the town. I'm perfectly happy with the double-trigger setup, which some people find confusing. Not I. Maybe I'll put it on the slush mobile, too.

So I'm getting a trigger shifter to put on the LH (front) side, too, despite the less than ideal indexed shifting in the front. I think I'll be able to live with it. Click! Shift. Click! Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment