Saturday, January 23, 2016

Winter 2016 Musings

I have only ridden the slushmobile once this winter, and I didn't really like it. Slow and sloggy. So I put the studded 700x32s (more like 35s) on the Trek 620 and decided to ride it as much as I could, even in the snow. It's just more fun to ride. The studs aren't as aggressive as those on the slushmobile, but I figure they'll help on surprise ice or mixed snow/pavement. So far, so good.

The next project is to put trigger shifters on the 620. The current friction shifters on the underside of the trekking bars are just too hard to use with mittens. Maybe the trigger shifters will be easier.

Mostly, I've been wearing light wool, light polar fleece, windbreaker on top, even down into the teens. Works pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. ride on! record snow here. Not a lot of ridin"
    I've been rocking the city bike, and now that I know, I love the Schwalbe tires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. City bikes and their Marathons. Them's what I ride when I'm not going studded.

    ReplyDelete