Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Finger

I gave someone the finger yesterday. And hollered. I was riding along on a quiet side street, when this driver in a white mini-van comes up behind me and blasts his horn. The street was empty.

The injustice of it was what set me off. Not only did I have every right to be riding in the road, I wasn't even slowing him down. He just needed to swing around me. Perhaps he was having a bad day and needed someone to honk at. I was handy.

I regret losing my cool and hollering and giving him the finger. I lowered myself to his level. Not only was it bad karma, it could have been dangerous. He could have been an armed red-neck Republican just looking for someone to cap with with his impotence-consolation-prize handgun. He could brag to his beer-buddies that he was just standing his ground.

Next time I'll blow him a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment